Crispy Florida Snapper with Ratatouille
Ingredients you will need:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, 1/2-inch medium dice
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 medium eggplant, 1/2-inch medium dice
2 medium zucchini, 1/2-inch medium dice
1 red bell pepper, 1/2-inch medium dice
1 yellow bell pepper, 1/2-inch medium dice
3 medium tomatoes, 1/2-inch medium dice
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
4 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets
1 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté 2 minutes until tender.
- Add eggplant and squash and sauté 4 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add bell peppers and zucchini and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and herbs and reduce heat to low.
- Cover pan partially with a lid; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Pat filets dry and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Dredge fillets in flour.
- Pan-fry 3-4 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
- Serve fillets on a bed of the ratatouille.
This recipe and photo is courtesy of Fresh From Florida
Catching Fresh Snapper in Naples
Snapper is without a doubt one of the best tasting saltwater fish there is. If you are looking to catch your own snapper and to try a recipe like this with your fresh catch, give Captain Geoff of Chasin’ Tales a call at 239-216-0378 or email him here.